Friday, May 11, 2012

Dec. 30th, 2011

Dec. 30th, 2011
Hello!  
        I am going to keep it short today, I am so sleepy!  Sandra is the nicest person ever I think.  She took me shopping all day!  I got pajamas, and nightgowns and every day clothes!  I tried to buy them myself, but Sandra said no.  She did let me pay for doll though, I never got to buy one before, and this one is made from porcelain, and magically they use some of my hair.  Sandra told me they use to do this all the time back when she was a little girl.  I dressed my doll in a pretty white dress, with a red ribbon.  I am not going to take it to school with me, but leave it at the MacCathmhaoil's.  Professor MacCathmhaoil came home today and said that I could stay with them.  Since he is going to be my teacher I am not comfortable using his first name yet, but he keeps telling me to do so.  I also got a tea set, Sandra gave it to me, she said it has been passed down in her family for generations, but she didn't have any girls, so she was so happy to be able to give it to me.  I thought it was the best thing ever!  I am reading my school books and there is so much to learn!  I was reading some about spells today, most can be simple words, others more detailed!  Sandra taught me a simple protection spell today.  

You draw a pentagram, and while doing so you state the following: Powers that be, grant your protection upon this item, so mote it be. 

It is very very simple.  When you finish your pentagram you seal it with your own personal finishing touch around it.  Sandra did these custom little lightning bolts.  I was so scared about what to draw, but Sandra said to close my eyes and the image would come to me, and I ended up drawing a little flower, Sandra showed it to me today at the hospital she had to stop in and do something with it.  It was a thistle, Sandra said it was a good flower, though most humans thought of it as a weed.  I looked up some information about it after I drew it.  

Thistles are Fire flowers, they are good for strength, protection, and energy.  I am thinking about keeping some at hand.  Sandra says that is a good idea, because young witch and warlocks have to grow up quickly and don't get a lot of time for child's play except on vacations.  Antonio and Professor MacCathmhaoil told me they use it in potions to break curses, but I will learn more about that use in a higher potions class.  

Speaking of potions, I love sneaking up on Professor MacCathmhaoil and Antonio when they are talking potions.  I find them very interesting.  I can't wait to get to class!  I have read the first four chapters of my potions book and there are so many potions I want to try!  I will wait to write them down until I get a chance to study them more in class.

I am sleepy, so time for bed.  Sandra says there will be more time to write later.  These have truly been some of the best days of my life.  I can't stop smiling!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment